[PLUG] Sound quality driving me to the dark side

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Aug 11 21:32:11 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014 09:21 AM, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
> Would be most useful, I think, to have a file that demonstrates the issue
> rather than a recording of the sounds.  Not sure what format you have but
> hopefully it's easy to take a snip out of without completely re recording.

The file is mp3. It should be simple enough to snip out a clip of the
sound. The problem is finding a working sound editor that uses
gstreamer. I tried pitivi, which is really for video, and couldn't
figure out how to see the audio to edit it. I tried Jokosher, but it
crashes when I try to play the audio file.

I tried using Audacity, but it cleans up the audio so the problem
disappears. Does anyone know of a gstreamer based audio editor that
works with Ubuntu 12.04?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens