[PLUG] Sound quality driving me to the dark side

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Aug 11 23:39:36 UTC 2014

On 08/11/2014 04:25 PM, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
> I like Michael's suggestion, but if that can't be easily scripted, there
> are other transcoders (might be as easy as something like mp3gain set to
> reduce clipping - which doesn't re-encode the audio - or maybe it would
> take a reencode (or a decode - mpg123 -w for instance, if you don't mind
> having a .wav temporarily).

Actually, I don' t mind having a .wav at all. I've got plenty of memory
and disk space, and I delete the audio files when I'm done with them. I
rarely get a file longer than 1 hour, so we're not talking about a
resource limitation. Plus I don't need to send the audio file anywhere.
I just e-mail the transcript back to the folks who provide the audio
file, which I get with ftp.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens