[PLUG] Samsung S5 and Ubuntu 12.04,

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:55:03 UTC 2014

On my 12.04 it is pretty fast. I wonder why they abandoned the USB
block mode? Too bad that Samsung will not do a Linux version of Kies,
but we will make do with what we have. It is better than nothing. My
first of these devices was the G II, when I plugged it into my Linux box
it was totally visible, every thing, too bad not now.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:00:42 -0700
> Chuck Hast <wchast at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >> provides a pretty good step-by-step write-up on how to install it.
> >> The article is from 2011, but the last update to gMTP is 7/25/2014,
> >> so it's still currently supported.
>
> I installed gMTP on my Xubuntu 14.04.1 computer via Synaptic. With my
> Note 3 connected via USB cable gMTP found it and could browse files
> easily. OK, not exactly easily, but that's because of the bizarre way
> Android filesystems are set up. It also takes forever to connect. But
> once it connects it works.

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.