[PLUG] Looking for a good Domain Registrar

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Thu Aug 21 02:43:36 UTC 2014

When domain registration switched from "know someone already on the net" to
"pay some provider" I did a lot of research into registrars.  Well, after I
got over having to pay for what used to be a no cost item.

gandi.net had the best EULA. Over the years they've lived up to the promise
of being a quality registrar that the EULA indicated. Their current slogan
sums it up nicely: no bullshit.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 02:59:02PM -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:
> I recently switched from Register.com (finally) to gandi.net. Extremely
> satisfied: they're inexpensive, informed, and they (only) accept [BIND 9
> format] zone files (no interactive UI like Register.com has). The Zone
> files has an interesting "versioning" system that lets you choose what
> version is currently active, so you can create a new version of a Zone
> file, edit it while the other's in place, and then switch over when you're
> satisfied.
>
> -mjc
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM, wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:
>
> > Register.com offers this, though they're very expensive. Amazon AWS can do
> > it, but they've very complicated and confusing to newcomers.
> >
> > I hear namecheap is reasonable.
> >
> > -wes
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Robert Miesen <robert.miesen at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone.
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a good domain registrar---preferably one that allows for
> > > "one stop" DNS Zone file editing. I'm using 1&1, but I am curious if
> > > anyone knows of a good registrar that allows for "full service" DNS Zone
> > > file editing functionality.

      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity
Your momma is so mean… she has no standard deviation.