[PLUG] Fetchmail vs. Getmail

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 31 15:26:22 UTC 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Bill Barry wrote:

>   Are you talking about dynamically updating the sub domains? If so in
> addition to the records in the MAIL SETTINGS you should have two records
> in the SUB-DOMAIN SETTINGS that looks like
>
> Host name   IP ADDRESS/URL           RECORD TYPE         TTL
>   mail              appl-ecosys.com            CNAME (Alias)       60
>   salmo            appl-ecosys.com            CNAME (Alias)       60

Bill,

   Yes, I am. I was told to make those record types Addresses, not canonical.
I'll change them.

   The two top-most boxes cannot be edited. The two host names are '@' and
'www'. I have the first set to Frontier's dynamic IP address and the second
set to the static IP address for my web site.

   For sub-domains I have mail, salmo, and lists; the first two have the
dynamic IP address, the third the static one.

   I thought the sub-domain hosts should be CNAME type, but that's not what
the support person wrote.

Thanks,