[PLUG] Staten 76 Recommendations or Dislikes

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 23:47:30 UTC 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:05:48 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Mark Phillips wrote:
>
>> Has anyone on the list used System 76 laptops? Is the hardware any
>> good? Did you use/buy the extended warranty?

>Check the list archives for the past couple of months to read all about
>John's experiences. He tested the hardware by dumping the contents of
>a soft drink can on the keyboard, and yesterday had a monitor issue.
>To be continued.

In fairness, the keyboard issue was not the fault of the hardware. And
System76 shipped the replacement quickly; no complaints. The video
issue remains to be seen. I plan to call them first thing Tuesday to
see what they say. At this point it is most likely hardware, and most
likely not the display.

I bought just the standard one-year warranty. Since I bought it early
last December it is still covered. And their warranty includes shipping
both ways, on their dime. As for tech support, so far I can give them a
very positive rating. But stay tuned. :)