[PLUG] T-bird using wrong account on replies to PLUG

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:51:36 UTC 2014

On 12/02/2014 01:57 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> I use Thunderbird to read five e-mail accounts. The incoming e-mail is
> put in the appropriate inbox for each account. When I reply to
> something, in most cases, the from line has the same e-mail address as
> the account I'm reading. But when I'm in the inbox for my primary
> account (this one) and I click on Reply, the from line is set to the
> first address in the collection. I can always change it to the correct
> one, but it's strange that this happens, and that it only happens when I
> reply to a PLUG e-mail.
>
> Any ideas?

I have Thunderbird processing 4 accounts.  For each account, check the
incoming server settings, email address setting and REPLY-TO address
settings. My REPLAY-TO is blank so that "From" defaults to the Email
setting.

Next check the Outgoing server (SMTP) settings.  Mine are all set to
each account specific server not "default"  Default is usually the 1st
email acct on the list.

There may also be something odd on the List Server for the admins to
check out. For example, did you originally register with the email that
pops up?

-Ed