[PLUG] Hiring Open Source Contributors

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sun Dec 7 04:50:34 UTC 2014

Question from Quora:
My boss thinks it is a bad idea to hire people who contribute to open
source software. How do I convince him otherwise?

Answer from: Gil Yehuda
313 upvotes by Michael Rasmussen, Pranesh Pandurangan, Ryan Wong, (more)
Don't convince him. Instead, send his rejected candidates to me. We love
developers who understand open source and how to code in a community,
who can contribute to other people's work, and have the confidence to
write code that is good enough to publish and be scrutinized.

Gil Yehuda, I run Open Source and Engineering Standards at Yahoo!

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity