[PLUG] Specifying a minimalist/instuctional/??? Linux install

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Dec 8 23:32:59 UTC 2014

On 12/08/2014 03:16 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> I suggest you, at the least, give Arch Linux a look.

I, too, am taking a look at Arch Linux. So far I've tried installing it
following (or at least trying to follow) the instructions on the
Beginners Guide,

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/beginners%27_guide

and the Installation guide,

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Installation_guide.

Neither attempt was able to boot when I finished. It's likely that I
misunderstood a step or got something else wrong during my attempts. I'm
planning to take the box with me to the next clinic (12/21?) and see if
someone there can spot what I did wrong. The presentation several weeks
ago about using Arch without the overhead of GNOME or the like was
intriguing. I didn't attend, but read the slides when they were put up.
It appeals to me, so I'm going to try to give it a try on a spare box.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens