[PLUG] Tethering/Pairing via Bluetooth

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 10 01:37:39 UTC 2014

   Ed and Galen introduced me to using my Treo 700p to access the 'Net from
my laptop via the VZ cellular network. I've bid on a USB bluetooth (2.0)
dongle on eBay; there are many there if I don't win this one.

   Finding information on how to use it is quite a challenge. There are no
bluez man pages and /usr/doc/bluez-4.99/ has instructions on building but
not using it. A Web search found nothing useful, particularly for Slackware,
or generally for linux.

   When I want to use the bluetooth headset with the phone I pair the two by
accessing bluetooth on the phone and pressing a 'pair' button while holding
down a button on the headset. They negotiate and agree to talk. What I need
to learn is how to connect the two from the laptop with the phone as there's
no button on the dongle.

   Pointers appreciated.