[PLUG] Tethering/Pairing via Bluetooth

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 10 13:54:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, 8 Dec 2014, Ken Stephens wrote:

> I did an #>apropos bluez and got this: hciattach (1) - attach serial
> devices via UART HCI to BlueZ stack
>
> Then I did a man hciattach.
>
> Further investigation shows that this is for attaching a USB dongle to your
> laptop.  Interesting.

Ken,

   Aha! I did not think of running apropos. Excellent catch.

   I won the eBay auction for the bluetooth adapter. Will pursue when it
arrives so I can learn how to make it work.

   The Verizon clerk told me they count the bytes sent from a Web server to
the laptop via cellular. I wonder how they calculate usage if I use the
cellular network to run ssh to my office network and process mail remotely.
Guess I'll find out, eh?

> I learn a lot from your questions.  Keep them coming.  ;-)

   Always willing to please.

Regards,