[PLUG] Centos on Comcast ipv6to4 Help

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 23:09:22 UTC 2014

> This tool reports "fail".  No IPV6 connectivity.
> I thought the whole point of IPV6to4 (or is it IPV4to6) was that ipv4
> clients could access servers transparently.  Afterall, a significant
> number of client stations in the world are still IPV4.

Given the behavior you've described this is much more likely a port
forwarding problem than a ipv6 problem, especially given the following
information:

Re: IPv6 and DCP3939
<http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/IPv6-and-DCP3939/td-p/2084758#>

‎03-20-2014 04:41 PM

DPC3939 will be removed from mydevice info for v6 support we found some
issues with it..
Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project

(
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/IPv6-and-DCP3939/td-p/2084758
)

Re: Port Forwarding not working on DPC3939...What gives?
<http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Port-Forwarding-not-working-on-DPC3939-What-gives/td-p/2290579#>

‎10-23-2014 08:07 PM

To enable port forwarding on the DPC3939 you need to go into the parental
controls -managed devices and allow your device,

Parental controls blocks everything by default.

When I called comcast support about port forwarding they never mentioned
this.
(
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Port-Forwarding-not-working-on-DPC3939-What-gives/td-p/2290579
)