[PLUG] strange desktop behavior

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:01:37 UTC 2014

Twice now I have observed after shutting down  my desktop the machine
appears to shut down (light off, fan stopped), yet the 'Num' light on the
keyboard is on and the mouse light is still on.  The first time this
happened I started the machine in the usual way, and I believe it behaved
normally.  The second time this happened I interrupted power to the box.
When the power was restored the lights remained off.

I am assuming that this observation indicates the USB power remained on
after shutdown.  If it  happens again I will check the USB power.

Any comments on this observation, and possible explanations?

Thanks,
-Denis