[PLUG] Rebuilding laptop battery packs

Rigel Hope gnu at rigelhope.org
Tue Dec 30 04:09:13 UTC 2014

i have heard (but cannot confirm) that the spot-welder part of things can
be a bit tenuous. especially since li-ion cells have a predilection for
"rapid venting with flame"

I also seem to recall something about inter-cell variation and charge
balancing that's impractical for the home tinkerer but the details escape
me. there's probably a more detailed pro/con/howto on candlepowerforums,
the probable source of my hearsay.

regardless, I'd be interested in the outcome.