[PLUG] Ubuntu 12.04 nfs stopped working

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Sun Feb 16 03:18:24 UTC 2014

It had been a while since I applied updates to my mail/web server (there's
never a convenient time to break things), and I had some time this weekend, so
I went ahead and processed the pending updates expecting to reboot and be back
online.

I guess I should have known better. Ubuntu has had a nasty habit of breaking
things for me lately.

Now my nfs mounts aren't working anymore. No matter what I try I get

  mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

I get that even if I don't specify ANY options.

I updated both systems at the same time.

Hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is a killer, I have to get
this working again.