[PLUG] Can't connect to router admin page

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Fri Feb 21 17:45:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
> On 02/21/2014 09:11 AM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>> that one does not have (to my quick inspection) DD-WRT
>>
>> If you can wait a few days I ordered the one Russel mentioned and can provide a
>> review and getting it to work with Comcast report.
>
> Good point. I haven't had the time to dig into it, yet. And I'm not in a
> rush. The current setup functions okay for our day to day needs. I need
> to turn on wifi, since my wife's sister gave her an old iPad 2. That's
> why I was trying to get to the admin page. I'll probably do that this
> weekend. But I know that I want to migrate to allowing all my machines
> to use DHCP instead of static IPs, and I need something more capable
> than the old router I have in order to achieve the same effect.

This tomato firmware  will give you the functionality you need to
configure DHCP with reserved IPs.

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/build5x-116-EN/tomato-K26-1.28.RT-MIPSR2-116-Mini.trx

It is small enough to run nicely on 3 of my WRT54g routers. I have had
openwrt on them before, but it seems to want a slightly beefier router
to run well.

Bill