[PLUG] Wireless local network

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 00:18:09 UTC 2014

I need help setting up a local wireless network.

I have a (long term borrowed) laptop on which I have installed Ubuntu
12.04 running Unity.
On my desktop I am running Ubuntu 12.04 w/Unity

Wireless router is AirRouter.  I can get to the internet through the
wireless without a
problem.  I want to be able to read from and write to files on the
desktop from the laptop.

openssh-server and openssh-client are both installed on both machines.

I ran into server refused connection. Web searching I see instructions to run:
parents at R2D4:~$ sudo netstat -anp | grep sshd

I get:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2022            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      572/sshd
tcp6       0      0 :::2022                 :::*
LISTEN      572/sshd

"If you don't get results, or they don't show you're listening on tcp
0.0.0.0:22... fix that."

I fixed that by changing the port in the client to 2022.

Made progress, but now get Permission denied.  The client dialog box
wants folder, user name and password, which I believe I have entered
correctly.

Ideas?

Thanks,
-Denis