[PLUG] Myth Issue: Video Source Setup - Retrieve Lineups fails with SchedulesDirect

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Jan 4 15:27:02 UTC 2014

I'm running Mythbuntu 12.04 on a Jetway ION-TOP. Intel Atom CPU D525 @
1.80GHz, 64 bit, 4GB ram.

When setting up MythTV there is a backend program that takes care of
recording TV signals from some signal source. In my case I'm using an
HDHomeRun Prime as the signal source. To know what programs are
available one uses a service. The one I use is SchedulesDirect. I know
the signals are there to be had because I can tune to a channel with an
HDHomeRun Prime utility and watch them with VLC Media Player. I know the
data can be collected from SchedulesDirect because it works on a windows
program called WiRNS that I have running in a virtual machine to provide
that information to my ReplayTV -- an "old" DVR that works with NTSC,
but not with ATSC.

I'm trying to create a "video source" in the MythTV backend for my
HDHomeRun Prime. When I get to the step "Retrieve Lineups" I see a
progress bar that always shows 50%. When it goes away there is nothing
in the Data Direct lineup drop down box. This box should show a list of
what lineups I have created at SchedulesDirect.

I've Googled this and have found numerous related discussions that never
actually solve the problem.

What log should I look in to see what's going on in the "Retrieve
Lineups" step so I can try to figure out why the backend setup program
can't connect to SchedulesDirect? I'm assuming that's where the problem
lies. I can log in to SchedulesDirect, plus I have it working with WiRNS
on my old ReplyTV, so I don't think the problem is on the
SchedulesDirect end.

Is there some kind of timeout that's adjustable? (I'm just guessing that
the backend program isn't waiting long enough to make the connection.)

--
Regards,

Richard C. Steffens