[PLUG] Permissions on config files

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:08:54 UTC 2014

In general, Only root should have access to anything in /etc

linuxquestions and alackdocs have articles on this and there are a bunch of
tutorials for hardening Slackware and apache.

sorry to be so terse, gotta hop flight to Billings MT (I never get to go
anywhere warm this time of year)

On Tuesday, January 7, 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    In general, is it a good practice to set config files (such as
> /etc/httpd/httpd.conf) to 444 once they are properly structured?
>
> Rich

You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0