[PLUG] Laptop power brick

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Fri Jan 10 03:03:59 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 06:30 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> My new laptop (Sager NP9380) has a rather massive power brick. It is
> about 11 cm wide, 1.5 cm high, and about 25 cm long, weighing at least
> a kg. I want to acquire a second one so I don't have to disentangle the
> one that came with the laptop from the nest of wires on my desk. I
> checked sagernotebook.com and they want $165 for a spare one.
>
> It says that it puts out 19.5 volts at 16.9 amps. Also, it has an odd
> plug that is about one cm wide with four connectors, although I can't
> tell if all of them are in use.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for places where I might obtain a
> replacement for a more reasonable price?

Have you checked eBay?

disclaimer: i'm currently an eBay employee

anti-disclaimer: When Pacific Solutions needed a display-to-motherboard
ribbon cable for my 10-yr-old Sager laptop, they found it on eBay.

eBay's item search is spotty in terms of usability and results, but you
might be able to search on model/par number or UPC code.