[PLUG] Firefox Lost Printers

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 13 00:46:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:21:58 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Sun, 12 Jan 2014, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> A couple years ago I needed to switch my old computer from Jaunty to
>> Debian, and wanted to save time installing printers. This was
>> especially important to me because I have half a dozen printers in
>> the house, each with two or three different drivers for various
>> purposes. I asked on the CUPS listserve and got an answer, copied
>> and pasted below:
>
>   Thanks for the pointer, John. The printers work with lpr and from
> various
>.pdf viewers, just not seen by firefox or libreoffice. The CUPS server
>has been restarted so I've no idea where to start looking for the
>source of the issue.

I didn't realize it was just those two. That is kinda weird. I wonder
why they're not picking up system printers. Not looking in the right
place, I guess.

The only suggestions I can think of is to start those two from the
command line, then do various things in them (like open ther print
dialog box) and watch for messages. Or if you have another user on the
computer, log in as that user and see if the other user can print from
LO and FF.