[PLUG] Only professional speakers get boo'd

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Mon Jan 13 20:18:20 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in attending an Advanced Topics
presentation/workshop on presenting for those, like me, who would never
in a thousand years go up before a live audience?

Everyone has a topic to present and I hope to both alleviate fears
people might have and hopefully inspire YOU to give a talk.

EVERYONE has a unique background and thus something to talk about
because it can be as simple as "my first week with...". All you need is
enthusiasm, not expertise.

- The worst that can go wrong (true story: tsunamis, volcanos...)
- Topic generation
- Books on the subject (possibly with a giveaway to the person who has
never spoken and we all find the perfect topic for)
- Tools, tips, techniques
- Events to apply for
- How to apply
- Fringe benefits

Audience: open-minded by shy people who meet the above 1000 year
criteria. A few folks who have say, spoken at OSCON (looking you Brian)
might be good to fuel the conversation.

Hint: A few CPF's close shortly and we could do this next Tuesday.

Any interest?

Michael