[PLUG] Firefox Already Running (was: Firefox Lost Printers)

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:04:41 UTC 2014

When I clear out ~/.mozilla I only restore the bookmarks from backup.  the
mozilla knowledge base has info for restoring saved passwords and file
associations if needed.

try clearing it again, log out/in, and run FF clean.

On Monday, January 13, 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >   That made no difference. But now I have a related interesting issue. I
> > deleted the entire ~/.mozilla/firefox/83alcj6t.default/ subdirectory then
> > restored it from the backup of 2 days ago. Firefox won't start because,
> it
> > tells me, there's already a process running. However, the process list
> shows
> > no firefox running.
>
>    Logged out and back in; no difference. There is no firefox.pid file on
> the
> system. If an instance of firefox is running, shouldn't there be an
> associated .pid file for it?
>
> Rich

You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0