[PLUG] Firefox Already Running (was: Firefox Lost Printers)

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:29:17 UTC 2014

check "ldd <full path to file>" and check your $PATH

I Don't use lpr as I consider it deprecated. GTK and QT  desktops and apps
don't need it. configure CUPS to talk to printers directly and make sure
you can print a test page from inside the CUPS web config (if kde is
installed try konqueror)

-Ed

On Monday, January 13, 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >   Logged out and back in; no difference. There is no firefox.pid file on
> the
> > system. If an instance of firefox is running, shouldn't there be an
> > associated .pid file for it?
>
>    Update:
>
>    The ultimate executable is /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.28/firefox-bin. When I
> pass the absolute path on the command line I see:
>
> /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.28/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>    However, that file _does_ exist:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14329928 Mar 14  2012 libxul.so*
>
> so I am at a loss to understand what's going on here.
>
> Rich

You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0