[PLUG] Python mess-up

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:06:46 UTC 2014

I have been trying to learn Python.  In ubuntu 12.04, using the default
python install I felt I was missing some modules.  I followed some apt-get
instructions on the web.  But that generated many errors.  So I thought I
would go back and start over by uninstalling all Python stuff.  Then I got
the message "If you uninstall python future updates will not include new
items in Minimal core of Ubuntu set.  Are you sure you want to continue?"
 It looks like many routines use the standard python installation.  In the
window under the message is a listing of perhaps 200 routines.

How might I clean this up?  I saved the text generated by the apt-get
install I performed, but I do not know what it all means.

Help!

-Denis