[PLUG] Help! Can't print my homework (SOLVED)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 06:03:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:04:23 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>   Cue the theme from The Twilight Zone.

I swear, printing is the blackest of the black arts.

I finally found the problem and all is back to normal. I had a power
failure here a couple weeks ago, brief, but long enough to knock out my
desktop computer and the HDHomeRun TV tuner, neither of which I keep
on the UPS. When the HDHomeRun came back up it decided it should be
192.168.0.135. Now, this was not a wise choice, since that is the
address of the Xerox. Hence I was sure my printer was connected because
I could ping it. Unfortunately, ping just tells you that it got a
response, not the name of the responder.

The phasersmart.com tool is where I figured this out. You start the
tool by entering the address of the printer and, of course, it couldn't
find the printer. So I just entered the address of the printer alone
and up popped the HDHomeRun. Mystery solved.