[PLUG] Python mess-up

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Wed Jan 22 00:48:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 04:16:47PM -0800, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I have python functioning, but some commands still cause seg faults.  I can
> do useful work without those commands, so this has become a matter of
> clean-up rather than an emergency.

Which commands are failing?

> The response from the apt-get command consists of 47 lines.  Below is a
> snippet.  Shall I cram all 47 lines in here?

Yes, please.

> I do not know why virtual box appears in this listing.  I have not tested
> to see if it has been affected.

All of those errors appear to be related to the bad VirtualBox version
string found in your /var/lib/dpkg/status and /var/lib/dpkg/available
files (probably unrelated to your Python issues).  I'm not sure what
the problem is there, but Google points to a PLUG message indicating
that your system has been suffering from it for a while now:

  http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2013-March/077693.html

That's an old version of VirtualBox.  Are you still using it?  If not,
an "apt-get --purge remove virtualbox-3.0" might get rid of the error
messages.

--
Paul Mullen