[PLUG] Python mess-up

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 01:44:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>
> > parents at R2D4:~$ sudo apt-get install python-numpy python-scipy
> libblas-dev
> > liblapack-dev gfortran
>
> Denis,
>
>    Check to see if the BLAS library is a prerequisite for numpy and/or
> scipy.
> I know it was in the stack somewhere but newer versions may have remove
> that
> dependency.
>
> Rich

numpy works with the right import.  The command that seems to cause a seg
fault is  pydoc.  This happens from a terminal and from python in a
terminal.  I have another machine which does not have the history of this
one.  I will see if it crashes on that one.  If so, this whole thing is
 red herring.

-Denis