[PLUG] Computer loud bleep

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 25 05:46:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:19:57 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>Xubuntu 13.10, up to date. Its IP address is 192.168.0.126, assigned
>fby the router on my local network. I am suddenly getting an occasional
>bleep from the computer. loud enough to knock me out of my chair. There
>is no /var/log/messages file (where did they move it to?), but I find
>some interesting stuff in dmesg | tail:
e wraps)

>I could use some comments about the above.

Never mind the above. I just got another bleep, redid dmesg, and no new
items, so whatever is in dmesg posted above is not the cause of the
bleeps.

It's like some impending doom. The battery is fully charged, everything
else seems to be working normally. I need suggestions for what could
be causing this.