[PLUG] Computer loud bleep

Keith kilowatt_radio at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 18:55:09 UTC 2014

[posted to Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug.lists.pdxlinux.org> & emailed]
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:46:40 -0800, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
wrote:

> >I could use some comments about the above.
>
> Never mind the above. I just got another bleep, redid dmesg, and no new
> items, so whatever is in dmesg posted above is not the cause of the
> bleeps.
>
> It's like some impending doom. The battery is fully charged, everything
> else seems to be working normally. I need suggestions for what could
> be causing this.

When you boot up check your bios. It is also a possible overheating
warning from your computer. Many BIOS will give fault beeps using the PC
default speaker.
 Also it may be beeping because of a low battery warning.