[PLUG] OT: Cheap Windows laptop

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 18:30:35 UTC 2014

I guess this begs the question "What are you going to run?"
I of course run Linux on them, I also have run XP and Win7
not sure about 8, come to think of it I have seen some with
8 offered on them, but not sure how well they worked. I know
that Win7 works better on the VM in Linux than on cold metal.
A MS buddy of mine said it was due to the Windows drivers
that are a goat rope, he said that the Linux drivers are more
stable and provide much better stability to the VM. But I did
have a partition running Win7 on the cold metal of the X200,
it ran just fine, but I like the VM better.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > Get one that is not too old ,,,
>
>    What models are 'not too old?'
>
> Rich

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.