[PLUG] Rdiff-backup script questions

Steve Dum dr.doom at frontier.com
Mon Jul 7 16:57:57 UTC 2014

In their published examples is the following:
In this example we exclude |/mnt/backup| to avoid an infinite loop.

    |rdiff-backup --exclude /mnt/backup / /mnt/backup|

If you haven't changed your command line, you aren't excluding backing
up where you are
storing the backup -- which should get lots more filename too long errors.

more important, in your original mail you had

--include-globbing-filelist  /home/jjj/rdiff_excludes.txt

That is a list of files to include. Did you mean
--exclude-globbing-filelist?

steve