[PLUG] [PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Book Review Pass Submission Confirmations

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 16 21:37:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 01:36:31PM -0700, Michael Dexter wrote:
> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/956927006
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ODX05C8XRVWE/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=059680279X
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R27IYOY0GI7GKM/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1449316417
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R26T76S8IJVCTB

Damn!  Those are all great reviews, and they all deserve
OSCON memberships.  I would hate to have to choose one,
or even three out of four.

Tell the OSCON folks that there are too many great minds in
Portland to narrow the field, and that it is partly OSCON's
fault.  OSCON introduces so many world class people to our
wonderful city, and so many of them stay, that we've got an
embarrassment of riches here.

OSCON can help us shoulder this burden of excellence by enabling
ALL of these smart people to attend.  Perhaps OSCON can strongarm
some of their sponsors to sponsor the memberships.  I imagine our
smart review authors would be glad to wear some company's tee
shirt (well, maybe not microsoft :-/ ) if it got them into the
conference free.  It would make a great story for everybody.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com