[PLUG] Slackwar

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:27:35 UTC 2014

On 07/29/2014 04:05 AM, King Beowulf wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Marvin Kosmal <mkosmal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was thinking of installing  Slack.    Was running Ubuntu but, last
>> upgrade it said my hardware support needed upgrade and then it didn't boot.
>>
>> I am running an old version of Ubuntu on another drive.
>>
>> Does Slack have a net install?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Marvin
>>

> Sorry, no net install.  Slackware is distributed as a bootable DVD or 4
> CDs. These are all full installations.

Slackware DOES have netinstall. it works very well, but you need to type
in exact path to the server you want to download files from. Works over
NFS,  HTTP and FTP.  Find a mirror online and enter it in on the
appropriate step (there is a list on slackware.com). You have to type it
in manually, sorry :(

Shame on you Kingbeowulf....

-Ben