[PLUG] Ubuntu Long Term Support?

Tim Bruce - PLUG timb at tbruce.com
Wed Jul 30 00:59:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, July 29, 2014 17:51, Tim Bruce - PLUG wrote:

> On Tue, July 29, 2014 17:26, Dick Steffens wrote:

>>> Oops, I just noticed you said ssl not ssh.
>>
>> And that was my bad. I do use ssh to log in remotely.
>>
>> Have you tried:
>>
>> ~$ hwe-support-status --verbose
>>
>> That gives me essentially the same message. (Not identical, possibly
>> because it is yet a different version of 12.04.)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick Steffens

> This link might shed some light on your question.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/1204_HWE_EOL
>

> I run Ubuntu v12.04 on my systems at home and haven't seen this, which is
> why I did a quick google.
>
> Tim
> --
> Timothy J. Bruce
>
> visit my Website at: http://www.tbruce.com
> Registered Linux User #325725

And to follow-up on my posting and re-reading the website I listed, it
appears that if you install from a point release ISO *OR* install certain
packages that have specific hardware support, you "convert" your system to
a more "limited" upgrade path from standard LTS (those are my words).

If you can upgrade to v14.04, you should be ok for at least another ~24
months (only because you'll get the 14.04.1 release that was just pushed
out in the last few days).

Tim
--
Timothy J. Bruce