[PLUG] Intrusion detection on desktop

Josiah Luscher sy at JosiahLuscher.com
Sun Jun 8 21:45:36 UTC 2014

Even when "off" ATX power supply's still deliver 5v stand-by power.  I can't speak to how your computer uses it's battery or the standby power; and for all I know you might be turning off a power strip removing power to the power supply completely.  That being said as long as the computer is plugged into the wall there is no reason for the CMOS battery to drain.

It's my experience that the CMOS battery lasts 2 to 3 years; I leave my computers plugged in and "off" most of the time.  YMMV.  :-)

  - Sy