[PLUG] Small system hardware recommendation

Brian Martin plugng3 at martinconsulting.com
Mon Jun 9 15:46:55 UTC 2014

All,

I'm looking for a hardware recommendation from fellow Pluggers.  I need
an inexpensive, fairly minimal system to run pfSense firewall software.
Something equivalent to Atom processors or better would be fine.  On the
order of 512M should meet our needs.  4-5 Ethernet NICs are required to
allow multiple ISPs and internal zones.  The device will be installed at
a client site, so it needs to have a presentable image rather than look
like a science project.  I can get something from Logic Supply for
~$700, but that seems really expensive for what I want.  What's on the
market these days that I should consider?

                             -Brian