[PLUG] Slackware-14.1/x86_64: Need to install kmod to boot

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:39:51 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
> Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> >    At the logo screen, I tried all 12 function keys to reach the BIOS
> > settings, but none worked.
>
> Rich,
>
> Try the DELETE key.  That works for some motherboards.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --Dale

Yes , either F2 or DEL power up to get to the Bios. If it's a newer model,
is there an ASSIST key? If so press that THEN the power.

You access the boot menu via F11, it's tricky to get it at the right time.
  Then select the appropriate drive

Your OP is a 5min fix as long as you can boot off "something"!

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0