[PLUG] Capture of CSV data

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:32:34 UTC 2014

Rich,
Thank you for the info, here is sort of  straw man of my information

IP Addy,       Machine, Location, Job,       Date,          Time
172.20.80.3, ViC,         GGRS,   BY521,   2014.06.24, 09:44:05

This is the data that maps to that IP address.

As to seeing the area, as soon as my wife returns from Costa Rica
(she is down there dealing with family issues, her mother is in the
hospital right now) I want to take her to see Crater Lake, I have
been doing some weekend work down in the bay area and on my
return trips the air has been very clear, the last one was real nice
got a great shot of Crater lake from the air. Also the volcanos like
a string of white stones running north and south. So from the air
I can see that it is a fantastic area to go drive through.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > The machine differentiation between same type machines is based on the
> > communications connection (IP address) so I assume that I would have a
> set
> > of descriptions for each machine, and the IP address is mapped to that
> > description. So when they view a given machine (IP address), the machine
> > info should be presented as part of the page. That will include the job
> > being run at that time. Each IS machine makes bottles for two inspection
> > lines, there are 3 types of inspection machines on each line. A Side Wall
> > Inspector, Base and Finish (sealing surface) inspector and a Rotational
> > Inspector steps the bottles through 5 stations 3 of which rotate the
> > bottle to do various inspections. (this is my favourite machine). The
> data
> > stream I sampled to the list is from a Rotational Inspector. But the data
> > from all of the machines is in the same format, and the other machines in
> > the plant generate data in about the same format also.
>
> Chuck,
>
>    First step: list each nugget of information that is available. From what
> you wrote above, I'd start the list with IP address, machine type, machine
> location, job number, job type, inspection line, inspection type, station
> number, station role, date, time.
>
> > But later on I came out when we fielded the system and I got to see the
> > Portland area in the day.
>
>    Make the opportunity to drive through central and eastern Oregon, too.
> Go
> to Burns, then take 205 south to French Glen and continue south to Fields
> and Denio, NV. Just watch for cattle on the road! The dummies stand there
> and look at you while you honk the horn at them. Calves are particularly
> stupid. If you catch it right, you'll see proghorn running across the road,
> especially if you take OR 78 east from Burns across the Blue Mountains.
> IMHO
> it's really worth driving through fly-over country.
>
> Rich

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.