[PLUG] ntpd and subnet

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 26 22:13:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014, Louis Kowolowski wrote:

> Frequently, one has to break things into very tiny steps when debugging.

   Or, one finds an inelegant solution, a kludge if you will, that works then
goes on with life. That's me. :-)

   This thread is flogging an expired equine. Yes, investigation might find
the real cause (which I belive has been nailed as ntpd running before the
network interface is up) and develop an elegant solution, but my situation
is an example of when good enough is sufficient.