[PLUG] Compile error

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 04:15:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:36:22 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I'm pretty sure the qextserialport that I compiled and installed is for
>both qt4 and qt5.

I finally discovered that the problem lies with libqt5serialport5
and libqt5serialport5-dev, which are not in the Ubuntu 13.10 repos. I
found .deb files for them in a Debian repo, but they need four
dependencies before they will install. Three of the dependencies
install OK, but the fourth one fails. Hence I cannot install the
missing packages, and without them the compile is doomed.

I found a forum where someone with Xubuntu 14.04 compiled the program
without a problem. However, I hate dist-upgrades over the net, having
been badly burned in the past. And until 14.04.1 is released (scheduled
for July 24) I won't be able to upgrade my 13.10.

I have decided to shelve the entire compile issue until late July when
I will move to 14.04. Thanks to all who offered suggestions. :)