[PLUG] Are dependences obsolete?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Mar 22 05:33:07 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:03:02AM -0500, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
> ... If you run code for days on end, maybe this makes sense.  if your runs
> are shorter, make sure you're optimizing for the right thing - your time!

Indeed.  By big, slow stuff I am indeed talking days on end.  I've run
programs that used both processors of a dual core CPU for over a week.
Perhaps virtualbox can use two processors, too; otherwise I take a 2x
performance hit, or more when I upgrade the mobo Real Soon Now.

I'm learning GPU programming to fix this - a whole 'nother boxcar of worms.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com