[PLUG] Fixing httpd localhost access

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 28 15:34:18 UTC 2014

   I modified /etc/httpd.conf to include an alias for a new locally-hosted
application. When I tried to restart httpd, the effort failed. Somehow,the
ServerName was lost.

   Added LAN IP address and port 80 as ServerName and port, then tried
starting httpd. These are the errors:

(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address
[::]:80
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80
AH00015: Unable to open logs

   What port should I use for local apps, and how do I fix the other problems
(no listening sockets and log access)?

TIA,