[PLUG] Brother printer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 28 18:58:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014, Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> Now though, I can no longer get the printer to operate on our home network.

> Just tried to print from this laptop, and received this in Error Log;
>
> D [28/Mar/2014:11:48:50 -0700] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active
> clients", busy="Not busy"
> D [28/Mar/2014:11:48:50 -0700] [Client 17] Authorized as johanna using Basic

   I've noticed that sometimes I need to access the CUPS admin page with a
browser: http://localhost:631 then check printer status. Using the
maintenance/administration links you can start a halted printer or clear
other hangups.

   Other times it's best to delete that printer and add it back using the
same information.