[PLUG] Rendering in kdenlive and burning in devede questions

website reader website.reader3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:16:29 UTC 2014

I have a couple of questions of rendering from png slides to dvd.

1. Microsoft Powerpoint saves slides in a 960 x 720 pixel format in png
format. Should I enlarge this to 1440 x 1080 pixel size before using
kdenlive to convert to 1080p format?  I am trying to preserve maximum
legibility for smaller font in the slides to video conversion.

2. Am I more or less stuck with what DeVeDe creator is going to do with the
digital video resizing when burning a dvd disk?  I noticed that the
resolution seems to drop back to 720 x 480 pixels.

The goal here is to make the powerpoint slides maximally legible on a dvd.

Thanks for pointers, tips, or comments on how this is accomplished.

Randall

P.S. I found big differences in final size, avi seemed to create large size
video files, m2t seemed medium in size.  ( I was using 30 frames / second
video rate )