[PLUG] Hams and Linux

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Mar 29 06:51:39 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 06:07:29PM -0700, Tyrell Jentink wrote:
>> There seems to be a good number of hams around here, but I sure
>> have a hard time finding much talk about digital modes in the
>> area...  We should do something about that ;)

Keith> I am one of two non-ham members of TERAC, formerly the
Keith> Tektronix Radio Amateur Club, about 30 guys meeting in Tigard
Keith> once a month for dinner and a speaker.  Digital radio is a
Keith> frequent topic.  Russell Senior talked about Personal Telco.

I also did one on a monte carlo method for computing space charge and
electric field near complex geometries, like transmission line towers.
It was a reprise of one I did for PLUG AT a number of years ago.
Unfortunately, my live demo failed for two reasons: no one brought a
projector, and the nice software I used for 3d visualization had
slewed enough in a few years that my glue logic for data integration
no longer worked.  So I waved my hands a lot, which sort of made up
for it.

Oh, (/me checks the To: line) the compute platform was a distributed
heterogeneous linux cluster, some of which was donated for the task by
PLUG members!  Thanks again!

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net