[PLUG] 403: Permission/Access Denied

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 29 20:37:51 UTC 2014

   I've a local application with a BUI and a postgres back end. All this on
Slackware-14.1 with httpd-2.4.9 and postgresql-9.3.4. When I try to access
it firefox-24.4 refuses with the 403 permissions error. I've spent several
hours rummaging around the Web and checking suggested solutions offered
others with this problem but haven't resolve it here.

   In /etc/httpd/httpd.conf the DirectoryRoot contains
 	Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
and /var/www/htdocs/.htaccess also has Options Indexes.

   The httpd.conf control for who can have access to the server is
 	Require all granted

   Also, there is an include to a separate file for this application:
 	include /etc/httpd/ledgersmb-httpd.conf
and that file contains:

Alias /ledgersmb/ /opt/ledgersmb/
<Directory /opt/ledgersmb>
   AllowOverride All
   AddHandler cgi-script .pl
   Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
   Order Allow,Deny
   Allow from All
</Directory>

<Directory /opt/ledgersmb/users>
   Order Deny,Allow
   Deny from All
</Directory>

   This latter file is what I've used with earlier versions of httpd,
postgresql, and firefox.

   I'm at a loss where to look for why I can no longer access this
application. Insights and suggestions from those of you with more experience
with web apps than I have (i.e., almost everyone) will be much appreciated.