[PLUG] 403: Permission/Access Denied

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 30 13:07:16 UTC 2014

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Loren Lang wrote:

> Actually, yes, that's more information about the problem than included in
> the original email.  A quick Google on the error code AH01630 indicated a
> possible configuration with allow/deny rules.  I think this is related to
> some changes between Apache 2.2 and older versus Apache 2.4.  The
> Allow/Deny/Order directives have been replaced by Require.  Try commenting
> them out and adding "Require all granted"

Loren,

   The upgrade from -2.2.x to -2.4.x was a couple of weeks ago and the
application worked just fine. I did make the change to 'Require all
granted'. The latest upgrade was a security patch from -2.4.5 to -2.4.9.

   Regardless, there may be a stanza where I need to change the allow/deny to
all granted, althought that should have shown up sooner.

   This all fell apart during the transition to different accounting
software. After installing the new application (in /opt/ rather than
/usr/local/) I renamed the old postgres database, created a new database
reusing the old name, then restored the converted data (done by one of the
developers) to the newly-created database. Since then I cannot access either
one.

Thanks,