[PLUG] Java .jar problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 31 21:51:20 UTC 2014

   Anyone here fluent in java?

   I have been using jgnash for personal finances for several years. Last
Friday it threw a room full of exceptions when trying to load. I upgraded to
the latest version with the same results. Tried an intermediate version but
it still will not load. I've used both the slackware-repackaged Oracle java
development kit and AlienBOB's OpenJDK. Makes no difference.

   Saturday I posted a message on the mail list and attached a gzipped copy
of the error messages, but there's been no response since then.  It's an
important tool for me and the lack of quick response is unusual for a F/OSS
application. From what I see, the exceptions and errors are all in the
code, but this does not make sense since I'd been using the same version for
several years now.

   If someone here is willing to look at the error log and provide some
insight into what might have gone wrong I'd appreciate it.