[PLUG] Accounting Software -- anyone doing their books with Linux?

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Thu May 1 16:37:41 UTC 2014

To date, I've been doing my accounting in Peachtree, on Windows XP, in
Virtual Box, under Linux.

Windows XP is going out of maintenance, and I'm thinking this is a
sterling opportunity to purge that windows-ism from my office.

Does anyone use an accounting program under Linux, with or without Wine?
My preference is for a program that comes set up for a small business;
something that's native-Linux is better, but something that's worked
well with Wine is acceptable.

I am NOT looking for a suggestion on the lines of "oh, use a spreadsheet
(data base, paper ledger, whatever)".  Accounting programs get sold for
a reason.  If that's your input, thanks in advance and please hold it
in.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com